Garlic rice is the simple easiest recipe. this variety rice can prepare with rice and fresh garlic. Garlic is a popular ingredient enjoyed for both its unique flavor and powerful health benefits. Now schools are getting open, so we also get ready with a variety of food list for the lunch box menu. My daughter like to eat garlic fried in gingerly oil or ghee, so for me this rice always be in my list. The choice of rice you use makes the taste peculiar. Garlic rice is the best idea for using left over rice too. Slicing the garlic nicely and cook until it turns crispy golden brown, it adds nice aroma. Again, the same if you don’t want to spend more time in kitchen, then this is perfect idea. This simple garlic rice goes with any gravy like paneer curry, egg curry etc. even with pepper potato fry.
Health Benefits of Garlic:
- Garlic is low in calories and rich in vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and manganese. It also contains trace amount of various other nutrients.
- Contains more antioxidants.
- May help regulate blood sugar.
- Compounds in sautéed garlic may protect brain health.
- May have anticancer properties.
- Black garlic (burnt/sautéed) may help protect your liver.
Watch Garlic Rice in Tamil
Garlic Rice Recipe | Poondu Sadam | Garlic Sadam
How to make Garlic Rice Recipe
First pressure cooks the rice with required salt and water. (1/2 cup rice with 1 cup water). The rice texture is very important not mushy.
Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds.
When it splutters, add chana dal and peanuts (instead of peanuts add cashew nuts also). Fry in medium flam till they become slight red in color.
Add chopped small onion and few curry leaves. Sauté till onion become translucent.
Now add finely chopped garlic cloves mix well and add salt.
Sauté in a medium flame till garlic becomes golden brown.
Then add turmeric powder, red chili powder and garam masala powder.
Add pre cooked rice and mix in a low flame.
Add salt as per the taste. Mix well till rice becomes coated with masala.
Flavorful and tasty Garlic rice is ready to serve.
Serve with simple pepper potato fry or chips.
- Garlic is usually sautéed, roasted, or baked before being added to recipes.
- Replace butter with gingelly oil you can get the type of butter garlic fried rice.
- You can add the fried garlic rings before serving.
- While cooking be patience while roast the garlic, if it turns black it’ll spoil the total aroma of the desired rice.