Here, the south Indian style of pudina rice is made in a very simple way without using too many ingredients and it turned out delicious. It’s a quick lunch box mint rice recipe which is one of the best and quick lunch box ideas to pack for kids lunch. If we are in a hurry then, it hardly takes a couple of minutes to make this recipe and is a better option to carry home made quick rice recipes than eating outside food.
Here, I am using only pudina to make the paste but the paste can be slightly modified by adding a tablespoon of freshly chopped coriander leaves to the mentioned recipe of pudina paste. A mixture of both fresh herbs gives a real good taste to the special instant rice
Benefits of mint leaves
- Mint has got several benefits for human body and is widely used as an ingredient for proper digestion.
- Mint is often used for good oral hygiene and prevents from bad odors in mouth. Mint is also used to make various recipes.
- It is used in many cold drink recipes or mock tails usually in summers as this keeps the body cool and works wonders to a human tummy.
- Pudina is very commonly used in making heavy and rich recipes like pulao or biryani as adding them in such recipes ads taste to the dish and also improves digestion.
- During summers pudina leaves are widely used as it acts as a great coolant in summer drinks.
MINT RICE / PUDINA RICE RECIPE VIDEO IN TAMIL IS DOWN BELLOW
Mint Rice Recipe | Pudina Sadham Recipe | Variety Rice Recipe
Mint rice/ pudina rice is made using fresh mint leaves and coriander leaves. It’s very colorful and flavorful rice which can be made quickly. It’s healthy too as we are making this using fresh greens.
INGREDIENTS TO PRIPARE MINT RICE
INSTRUCTIONS TO PREPARE MINT RICE
Pressure cook the 1/2 rice with 1 cup water , 1/2 Tsp salt & 1/4 tsp oil.
Heat the kadai with 1 tsp oil, then add garlic , ginger & green chilies. Sauté for few minutes in medium flame.
Now add chopped Onion with little salt, Sauté until onion is cook well(No need to change the color).
Add Chopped mint , coriander leaves , asafetida powder & required salt. Sauté for few minutes.
Now switch off the flame keep aside until cool down.
Once its cool down transfer to the blender then add tamarind paste . Now grind like fine paste using 1/2 cup water.
Heat the pan with 1 tablespoon oil . Once the oil is hot add mustard seeds. Mustard seeds start to splutter add urad dal & chana dal. Then add cashew nuts & red chilies. wait until turns light golden color.
Now add sliced onion with little salt. Sauté until turs translucent.
While sauté add little turmeric powder .
Now add fresh mint masala paste , sauté it in medium flame for few minutes.
Add Cooked rice mix it well , Keep the flame in low.
Now Our yummy & tasty Mint rice is ready to serve. I served with raw banana fry.
- I used Sona masooori rice instead of that you can use basmati rice too.
- With out coriander leaves also we can prepare this rice.